Thursday, March 12, 2015

Teens Inspired



Teens inspired was a project created by
a team of teachers and museum directors looking for art from kids that have been touched by the genius of art pieces around the museum. Apex teamed up with another school and discussed ideas and pieces that could potentially be used as a reference in their pieces. Personally I was inspired by the nature pieces. I loved the elegant and the light simple colors used in the pieces. The use of light colors made the artwork calm and relaxed. Also, the artwork brought up the feeling of at ease and a carefree nature. I picked a beach piece from the museum simply because my love for the beach made it stand out amongst others and I thought that the artwork was so beautiful and brought a smile to my face. I was a bit scared to do this piece because it required painting and painting is not my strong suit. I looked up other references on Pinterest and tumblr and decided to keep a beachy feel, but to have my final artwork half drawn with charcoal and have painted with water colors. I thought my piece was cool and different because I changed the background and had my final piece was on minello paper. It is definitely not as calming and relaxed as I originally planned for, but it is simple and beachy like my reference. Overall, this project was fun and challenging. I was able to meet new people and to also be inspired by artists whose work is hanging on a meseum wall. I wish that I would have challenged myself more with my final piece, but I am satisfied with the outcome and glad that I tried something different than my normal pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment