Monday, October 22, 2012

Print Making



My animal had a lot of texture to begin with. So the final photos came out with texture and the way that I carved my animal, made it look more realistic.
I added texture by the colors I selected and the way that I had carved it. The colors that I used where lighter or darker than the other so the animal was not hard to find and you were able to know what it looked like. Also the way that I carved it allowed it to get more texture because the bigger or smaller carvings made it look more realistic.
The negative space was the lighter color in my final picture and the positive space was the darker. Doing this made the animal more noticable and made the image easier to see.
I think that I achieved my goal and that I used my tools and colors to the best of my abilities.
Finding a good picture and being able to trace it on to the rubber that you were carving into was an advantage. But it was hard at times getting the right sized tool and cutting the piece to your likings but overall print making was fairly easy and I am proud of my final.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you cropped the picture and the colors you chose for the final print. I also like the different lines you used to create texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this print turned out really good you had a lot of texture in the print and i like the color. i also like the way the back ground is behind the animal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the contrast between the ink color and the paper color that you used and it has alot of texture which makes it look really realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The animal looks very realistic it has many textures, and the color complements it very much. Overall it was a really nice drawing.

    ReplyDelete